Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Temporary Turkey

Yes, I know, I haven't updated my blog in roughly forever. This summer was insanely busy, and spending excess time on the internet was not quite what I felt like doing. However, fall is here, it's getting dark frighteningly early, and I have a little more time for these things.


So I started a new blog. I've imported the measly two posts from the old one here, and I'll try to keep this one updated a little more often.


The Temporary Turkey? What the heck does that mean? Well, there are 12 turkeys running around the pasture right now. And they are temporary. On November 17, they'll head to the freezer. I suppose they'll still be turkeys, but they won't be running around, and even their freezer residence is temporary because I LOVE turkey. It bothers me that I can't find turkey except at Thanksgiving, and even then, who knows where those turkeys come from. So I decided to raise my own. I love eating turkey, but I also love turkeys. They're hilarious. They're not very bright, although they're not as dumb as most folks think. They quickly learn that humans mean food and come running over to inspect whatever it is you have. They make all sorts of funny noises in addition to the "gobble." And they taste. so. GOOD!


So there you have it: The Temporary Turkey.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the story. It's fall now... what happened to RastaBob?

    ReplyDelete